Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First day back to school

Today was our first day back at the books. We had a nice break. I probably could have used another couple of weeks off to finish a few chores, but we need a routine and a schedule back into our lives. 

We are trying a few new things this year. Right off the the bat, I am happy that I have actual brain cells to be able to think clearly about what needs to be done and how our day should flow. Even the girls were laughing, someone asked if they are allowed to do school on their beds and they replied that they are allowed when Momma is pregnant and tired. Ha! Seriously! I had them back at a table and chair today with a tight routine. 

We are doing menu planning (I have always done one) but this yea the older girls are taking over. We will rotate jobs. One has breakfast duty, one had lunch duty, and the other one has snack, dishes, and dessert duty. This morning, Amaris made scrambled eggs and bacon with hot tea. They know how to cook, but I am leaving them with the whole responsibility. I did check in several times and pointed them in the right direction, but it was super cute when she came to me and said "Momma, my eggs are too brown". She knows how I like my eggs. Too some these were just slightly brown, but WAY too brown for me. :) I told the my that they are learning and we would all eat them. Everyone did. :) 

Camille had lunch duty. She opened chicken noodle soup and served it. Perfect for her age. 


Ryen did okay on the dishes. She got the snacks organized and that worked perfect, but we need a little more work on the dishes part. I will work on a fun plan for that. She did most of it, but I am looking for the servant's heart. We are almost there. :) I understand though, I never enjoyed the dishes part... Gosh, I still don't! :) 

But, she can babysit and put Jake-Michael to sleep every single time! He would not let go of her today. She loved it. 

They have a sweet bond!!

I had two sweet moments today. The first one is life changing. 
In our Bible time, we were talking about what is in Heaven. Liv listened to every word I said and I could tell she was ready for me to ask her if she wanted to know Jesus and have Him become the Lord of her little life. When I asked her she said "Yes, Momma, I have never done that before." Right away she asked Jesus into her heart and it was the most precious prayer ever. Her big sisters had the biggest smiles on their face as she prayed. I absolutely love it that I have been able to lead my children to Christ. My Daddy rejoiced in Heaven today!

The other thing that blessed my life was during reading time with Camille. Reading is a challenge for her. She is doing an amazing job, but she is a lot like I was as a child. There are so many better things we could be doing than reading a dumb story..... That is what we both thought.
She presses though and gets her attitude right and the she gets every word correct and finishes quickly. Well, after she went through the process she put her arm around my shoulder and just kept it there. We named her right... Camille Love. 

Jake-Michael played all day on the floor exploring. He is such a joy and I know that he will be just fine being under our feet this school year. Several times today I just had to blink to make sure he was real... This is my life.... Homeschooling with all my babies. I dreamed about all my babies when I was a tiny girl. So strange to be living it! I cherish the moments! 

These moments make me so happy to be a homeschool Momma. I soak up every day and every memory we create. It reminds me so much of growing up around my parents and homeschooling. Even though I started out older, I ended up LOVING the days we had at home. I leaned to cook, to read, to be creative, to spend time with my parents doing things they loved (like antiquing), to run a seasonal business with my grandparents. I learned to love God and honor Him and to put Him first.  And now, I look at my Mom. She is the only one still alive. I think  of ways that I can honor her, love her, cherish her, and spend time with her. You want to know why I feel so strongly about that? Not only because she is a widow and that is the only way they should be treated, but because this is what she did for me. She put me (and my brother) first, she looked for ways for us to grow, she developed patterns that shaped our worldview, she taught us to honor them and others, and above all she taught us to honor God first. She should be praised! The Word says that children will rise up and call their Prov. 31 Mom BLESSED! I want to be like my mom. She is my example. 

Today, was a good day! I am happy and looking forward to this next year. I have not to share. My girls have been secretly readin this blog..... Because it is for them and they know it. I love you, sweet girls!
 


No comments: