Tuesday, August 4, 2015

This little guy...

...has changed my life! I was pretty confident in Mothering with little girls. Not saying I know it all or anything like that. Just felt like I could say "Thanks God for all the girls and I was born to be a girl mom, I've got this!" 



Then, when I found out I was pregnant, I knew it was a boy. Then came the shock of the blood test confirming it was a BOY. God is so funny. Well, I can honestly say that the way I think has changed greatly after having a boy. 
#1 I cherish his Dad more than ever before. When I look at him I see the love of my life. His Daddy is my everything. Of course, we bump heads sometimes. Gosh, we are both headstrong! 

#2 I have felt a different responsibly of raising a man. Like, knowing that someday he will lead a family, have to have a career, and spiritually take the lead for himself and others. Yeah, that has changed my mothering. 

#3 I am learning to do things differently in playtime. I was a Tom Boy growing up. But now, I like to wear shoes and makeup. Ha! I still love to camp, get dirty at the beach, and sweat mowing the yard. But, if I had the choice right now I would find a quiet, cool place to drink some hot tea and read a book. Yes! However, I am learning to make sounds with my mouth. Be a little more bold in throwing the ball. I know he is still little, but he already loves this stuff. I even encouraged the girls that we HAD to go the baseball game, and enjoy it.... For HIM. 

#4 He has changed me in the way of a different kind of love. Not sure if this makes sense, but it is all new to me. First born son is neat! I cherish and treasure every breath my girls breathe. They are my world! But this has been fun with a little guy in the house. 
#5 He has changed my prayer life. I get up earlier these days asking God for new direction on Mothering. Walking into the unknown, but with the help of the Holy Spirit I know that I can do all things. 

#6 He totally changed my shape in body frame. Seriously, I have new personal health goals to reach now. He was worth it, but wow!!! 

Having Jake-Michael was a good thing. He put me closer to God in new ways. Looking forward to every day with him. <3

No comments: